Tuesday 9 February 2010

No snow!

This week I've really enjoyed the fact that there isn't a snowflake in sight. I've never naturally been an outdoor person, but a couple of weeks stuck inside with two little girls is enough to make anyone appreciate being able to go places without the worry of falling victim to the evil that is ice. So, on Sunday we visited the local urban farm.




I've created my first sewing project since I was a child. It's a bag made from a CK sewing book. I changed the button loop, to make it easier, but I'm quite proud of myself and it's made my fingers itch to do more creating on my sewing machine. Hmmmm, what to do what to do?!



On the crochet front, I made the discovery I am a ball short for finishing the cream on the blanket I'm making, so I have done an emergency ebay order and hopefully crocheting will be able to resume tomorrow.


This morning, to my delight there was sun streaming through my living room windows for the first time in ages. This gave me a thought that maybe, just maybe Spring may be thinking about coming to the England instead of the snow we are told we are to look forward to. So, armed with my trusty camera I went out to the garden still dressed in my PJs to prove my theory and I found proof. Well, at least the garden agrees with me anyway!



Not all of us are ready to come out of hibernation just yet though.


Being new to this whole blogging thing I have spent many hours blog surfing the last few weeks and it's amazing to see how many people out there are so creative and make such beautiful things. I have really enjoyed myself and feel so inspired. I look forward to getting to know you all.

7 comments:

  1. Your CK bag looks lovely - mine's still folded up in the book waiting to be made!!

    Welcome to the land of blog and 'hello' from the Tabiboo's

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, my first comment! Thank you so much. Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog - it's been snowing here today, and I feel spring is very far away!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Anna, thank you for your kind comment on my blog and welcome, its always lovely to see a new face!

    It's so good to see some green shoots after all the snow and frost - spring is just around the corner (fingers crossed!)

    Jeanne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous CK bag, Happy Valentines day x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog. I know what you mean about the weather, I am thoroughly sick of "hibernating" now! Good to see that Spring is on its way...
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also like blog surfing and I just found yours! Here in Cyprus we had all our plants come up in November and now we're thinking about it all dying off again... its all very topsy turvey!

    ReplyDelete